At PPB we regularly cut to shape and can produce intricate designs out of a variety of our stocked materials. Although we do not design in-house, we can take our customers programmed CAD files and turn their works to life with the aid of our CNC router or laser. Shaped cutting can be as simple as a circle or as detailed and intricate as a brand logo – we leave the design and imagination in your hands.
For any shape cutting on our CNC router or laser, we require a programmed cutting file (CAD) in order to quote and process. Below is a list of the accepted file types we can work from:
- PDF (embedded)
No File Available
As a rule we do not programme from scratch at PPB however there are some instances where the request is simple enough to be processed quickly i.e. a simple circle. If this is the case we will cost any programming time into your quote. Please get in touch to see whether this is applicable for your project.
Cutting Printed Material
Cutting printed materials has become even easier at PPB, with the aid of our new registration mark camera. The camera has the ability to identify printed material from white space and then cut to shape. Our large 3m x 2m CNC bed also allows for a wider range of printed cutting options to be available.
In order to cut printed material using the camera on our CNC router, the following stages must first be completed:
- One 10mm black square positioned in the bottom right hand side of the image
- One 10mm black circle positioned in the top right hand side of the image, perpendicular to the square
- One 10mm black circle in the bottom left hand side of the image, also perpendicular to the square
- There must be at least 50mm of white space around each of the registration marks, so the camera can recognise the mark within its field of vision
- The vector artwork supplied must be exactly the same size as the printed artwork and contain only vector shape with no colour fills